At the heart of Shirebrook Academy is Maz’s Place, a bright, modern dining area where students are provided with a wide selection of fresh food and drinks. Students also have access to The Pod, an outside catering hub serving a variety of healthy snacks and refreshments, ideal for those quick bites on summer days.
Breakfast is served from 8.00am to 8.45am, selling a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast and pastries along with hot and cold drinks.
Morning break gives students the opportunity to purchase snacks including breakfast cobs, pasta pots and toasted muffins. With menus changing daily, The Place offers an exciting venue to refuel for the day ahead.
Lunchtime menus change weekly, in a three week cycle, every term and there is something for all tastes. Please check out the link below for the latest menu:
Please note that all allergens and dietary requirements are catered for and the Academy is a NUT FREE ZONE.
Free School Meals Entitlement
Students may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit (WTC) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HRMC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
To apply please click on the link below: