At the heart of Shirebrook Academy is Maz’s Place, a bright, modern dining area where students are provided with a wide selection of fresh food and drinks. Students also have access to The Pod, an outside catering hub serving a variety of healthy snacks and refreshments, ideal for those quick bites on summer days.
Covid School Procedures September 2020
During these difficult times, our procedures will be different to ensure we are complying with government social distancing measures. Students will be asked each morning in form time what (if anything) they would like to order from the limited lunch menu. Food will not be available in the morning or break. Lunch will then be collected by students. All monies to pay for meals should be uploaded to their Parent Pay account.
Free School Meals Entitlement
Students may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit (WTC) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HRMC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
To apply please click on the link below: