The School Sports Partnership has recently relocated to Shirebrook Academy within the new Pine Cone Development and John Barker and his team are employed by Shirebrook Academy, utilising the facilities and services offered by the school, including financial support. The school and community benefit from the Partnership being based at the school through the hosting of events, competitions and CPD and the prestige linked to being a ‘traditional’ Sports College.
The Bolsover District School Sport Partnership services the PE and School Sport needs of 44 schools, which includes:
- Signposting schools to relevant CPD opportunities in PE
- Producing and delivering a competition calendar for Primary, Secondary and Special Needs Pupils
- Providing a leadership and volunteering programme for young people
- Lead Practitioner offer to support development of PE in Primary Schools
- Identifying and supporting gifted and talented young people,
- Providing a dedicated active lunchtimes programme in our primary schools
- Coordinating physical activity programmes such as Bikeability where outside agencies are commissioned to deliver.
The Partnership has developed a very good reputation since it came in to existence in 2005, based upon our results, partnership working, and the quality of communication with our schools. Key partners include Bolsover District Council and Derbyshire Sport. There is a reasonably close proximity between three of the secondary schools, at Clowne, Bolsover and Shirebrook, but they are quite separate from the other two, in the south of the area.
Main Office – 01623 741667
Alice Shipley – School Sport Development Officer (Admin and Projects Lead) – email@example.com
Clare Hayes – School Sport Development Officer (Competition and Leadership Lead) – firstname.lastname@example.org